Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Scallops, Salads, and Salmon OH MY!

I LOVE Salads.  We all know this.   I decided that I need to start adding protein to my salads on a regular basis to keep me fuller longer.  Today I ran to Schnuck's to pick up some Tyson chicken strips (pre packaged kind) to add to the top of my ceasar salad.   Along with the chicken strips, I picked this up...  

I got the salmon bites with smokey flavor.  After draining the salmon bites, there's about 2.5 oz of salmon in there.  I heated mine up for about 30 seconds and put it on my salad.  It was excellent!!!   It was 200 calories, 1 carb and 13 grams of protein.

If you go HERE you can print $1.00 off coupon.  I paid $2.49 for one, and you better believe I printed this coupon to go back and get me another one!

I apologize that the picture isn't clear, it's the only one I could pull from the website.  Anyway - they're made by Fresh Gourmet and you can find them near the croutons.  They also come in 2 tuna flavors.

My bestie Stephanie came over last night for dinner.   She brought these scallops with her.  They're Garlic Pesto Scallops on the half shell from Trader Joe's that I've never seen. 




Let me tell you, they were AMAZING!  The pesto sauce was full of garlic flavor and simply delicious.  They were in the freezer section, 12 come in a box and a serving is 3 scallops (with sauce) for 190 calories. 

I dont eat pasta but if I did I'd bake these (400 for 10 minutes) and then toss them in linguine, shells and all because that seems to be where most of the pesto sauce is.   Before serving, pull the shells out of course.   You have to try these if you like scallops!

Tonight's dinner is 4oz baked cod, and 1/2 cup sauteed zucchini and squash.

Totals for today...

1260 Calories, 558 NET
56 Carbs
69 Protien

Gym today was 2 miles on the treadmill, 40 floors on the stair climber and 30 minutes of arms/back/shoulder for a total of 702 calories burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment