Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Q & A

Happy Sunday all!!

I'm gonna answer questions first, then we'll talk about my weekend.

1 - Do you use alot of recipes?

Yes and no.  It depends on what the recipe is for.   I use recipes alot for desserts and stuff like that, mostly because I'm not creative at all when it comes to baking.   Actually - I suck at baking.  I'm the only person in the world that ends up with flat oatmeal cookies.  Seriously.   Oatmeal cookies are never flat... Jaclyn's are.  So I stick to things like cupcakes, pies, cheesecake, etc.   I have an amazing Pumpkin Cheese Recipe that I use during the holidays. YUM.

Anyway - I dont really use alot of main course recipes, unless its trying a new casserole, or soup/stew/chili, etc.  I'm always Googling ways to cook this or that, but as far as following a recipe, no.

2 - What are your staples?

When you open my fridge/freezer or pantry, you will find...

Fit and Active Ground Turkey(Aldi)
Fit and Active String Cheese (Aldi)
a variety of cheeses
oatmeal
almonds
bacon
Simms Turkey Sticks
Romaine Lettuce
shredded cheese
several bottles of salad dressing
taco shells, both soft and crunchy
taco sauce/hot sauce
Perdue Perfect Portions chicken breast (Dierbergs)
Cans of beans... black beans, refried beans, chili beans, and my fav... green beans

These are just a few things.... but they are ALWAYS in my house.

3 - Have you always been a runner...?  Because I can't run, and would like to.

No!!! No No No!!   Not until this year was I able to run a mile without stopping.  One mile.  That seems so simple to alot of people, but honestly... I just couldnt do it.   Or at least I thought I couldnt.  For me... it's about focusing on the breathing.  Once you get your breathing down, you can run further and further each week.   I would use this program called Couch to 5K.  It's a running program that basically breaks down the distance and at the end of it, you should be able to run 3.1 miles.   

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Well, that didnt even work for me.  I had to find what did, and that was starting out at a slower pace.   I began walking at 3.5 for 5 minutes, then increasing to 3.8 - 4.0 for a slow jog for a few minutes, and I would continue that for 30 minutes.  That was 6 months ago.   Now I can run over 3 miles at a speed of 5.0 - 5.5 without stopping to walk.  I'm able to finish 3.5 miles in 40 minutes.   So when you say you cant run... yes you can.  It's mind over matter.

Okay onto my weekend...

Yesterday at the graduation party, there was nothing healthy to eat... but I kept it under control and this is what I ate... 1 5oz burger, topped with a slice of white american and mustard, 3 Asian Zing Wings from Buffalo Wild Wings, and 1/2 cup cauliflower salad.  It's alot like potato salad, bacon/cheese/mayo, etc.  It was pretty good, but wasn't nearly as good as the cheesy potatoes, mac and cheese, potato chips, and other junk-ilicious food would've been.  But - no junk for me.   Kept it in check, and under control.   I also finished 100oz of water.  No beer, which in my family is a must at graduation parties, or any other family function for that matter.  I ended my day somewhere near 1300 NET.


Today was a birthday party for my niece who turned 2.   Isn't she precious???



Anyway - after making the hubbs breakfast this morning, I hit the gym.   I had 2 slices of bacon for breakfast, then a tostada with ground turkey/taco meat for lunch.  At Lily's party I had a few handfuls of Goldfish crackers since I cant have cake (no junk!!) , and now we're about to head out for my Father inlaws birthday dinner.  We're having Italian. The menu looks amazing!!  And I've decided to enjoy myself....   I'm having a cup of Lobster Bisque, then some Lobster Ravioli.   Yum!!  And maybe ONE glass of wine.  I figure in moderation, it can't be considered junk... right??  :)   I mean, hey the wings yesterday are technically  junk, but Lis said since I kept it under control, it's okay.   LOL

Here's the menu... YUM!!    http://www.bravoitalian.com/dinner.html

I should end my day today 1200 NET.

Tomorrow's weigh in day for our 40 by 40 challenge!!  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment