Saturday, June 4, 2011

Easing back into it...

And it's boring, lemme tell ya.

For those of you that aren't aware, I fell down a flight of stairs last Saturday night.  Well, I kinda "bounced" down a flight of stairs.   Yes, it was alcohol induced, my food slipped, I flew up and came straight down, HARD on my badonk.  I then proceeded to "bounce" down the rest of the stairs on my butt.  I had xrays done on Tuesday and they showed a severe bruised tailbone.  Nothing's broken or fractured, thank god.  And I'm convinced that had I not been drinking, I'm sure I would've broken something.   

Due to that little incident, the Dr gave me the awesome news of no gym for 2 weeks.  GREAT.  Now what??

Well, I went straight to the grocery store on Tuesday after work and bought this....



Nothing like starting dinner with a glass of wine and bowl of ice cream while the frozen pizza cooks.  Yep.  Sure did.   I ended up eating 1/2 of the pizza, and one very large bowl of ice cream.  I washed it all down with 3, yep count em, 3 glasses of wine.   Can ya tell I was pissed and feeling sorry for myself for not being able to go to the gym??  Since I wasnt able to burn any additional calories, I'll just eat them right??   

And that's exactly what I did Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  It was wine and ice cream for dinner. 
Friday morning I stepped on the scale to see the damage...  222.  Up from 217 from May 1.   5 lbs.   Not totally terrible since there were 2 weeks in May that I didnt work out, and one of those weeks I was on vacation in Florida.     None the less - I"m not proud of it, and it is what it is.

Yesterday I began a challenge with my Las Vegas Bestie Lis.   It's a 12 week challenge that ends on August 26th.   Im shooting for 24 lbs in 12 weeks to put me at 198 lbs.   It's doable... I just have to focus.   We'll be weighing in every Friday.

So now that you know what I've been doing... onto the plan for today and the rest of next week.

I went to the gym this morning for the first time in a week because of my "stumble", and I walked for an hour.  I only burned 424 calories which is honestly about 100 more than I had anticipated since I'm just walking, no incline, and nothing above 3.5 mph.  BORING to say the least.  But - at least it's something.   I managed 3.25 miles in an hour.  Which is good because I have the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure one week from today.  My original plan was to run it.  It wouldve been my very first time RUNNING a full 5K.   Well, looks like this isn't happening, but I'll still be able to walk it and show my support anyway.     Sidenote - if you've never done a Komen Race... you HAVE to.  At least once.   It's an amazing experience to see thousands of people come together for a common cause;  to put an end to the bitch we call Breast Cancer.   

Anyway - I just had some coffee, and breakfast.   


I found these on clearance at our local grocery store, Schnuck's.    Unfortunately I think they're being discontinued because they were marked down to $1.  BOOO  because they were REALLY good.   They're the size of bagel bites.    
Serving size - 3 bagels
180 calories
21 carbs
10 grams of protein

Lunch today will be a salad with romaine, cucumber, 2 slices of chopped bacon, feta cheese and a crunchy "salad topping".

I'm then venturing to my cousin's highschool graduation party.   I've allowed for 5 Bud Light Limes today.  I've logged them, and that's all I'm having.  

I'm not even planning to eat anything there because when my family has food involved, its nothing but pure fatty deliciousness.   And trust me, while I'd love to indulge, I've done a little too much of that this week.

Tonight's dinner is going to be tostadas made with ground turkey, shredded cheese, lettuce and salsa.

Another Lap Band friend of mine, Carolyn told me about these.


Since I can't do flour tortillas, I've become a fan of the crunchy shells.   I found these at Save A Lot for $1.29. You get 24 of them in the package.  Carolyn puts hers in a pan with some Pam nonstick spray to get them crunchy, or cuts them into 1/4's and bakes them for chips.   I'll be baking mine tonight.

Serving Size 3 shells
120 calories
22 carbs
3 grams of protein

I like these shells better than the pre-made tostada shells I usually buy, because #1 - they're cheaper.  I get double the shells for less money, and #2 there is 2 grams of fat, and 15 mg of sodium in the Extra Thin Mission Brand, and there are 7 grams of fat and 135mg of sodium in the Old El Paso brand.



What I used to buy.   3 shells, 150 calories, 198 carbs, 2 grams protein.

While the calorie content isnt much of a difference, the fat and sodium is.  I don't normally focus on fat or sodium, but when something is cheaper and I'm getting more bang for my buck, I'm totally willing to share all the perks with you guys.

Totals for today...

1695 calories - minus 424 burned at the gym;   1271 NET
83 carbs
53 grams of protein


The plan for the gym this week...WALK WALK WALK.  That's it.     I have to just continue to ease my way back into the gym, so hopefully by the end of next week I'll be able to run and lift weights per usual.


Have a good weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment