Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm fat because ______________

I like to eat. 

I've always liked to eat.  I've said this for years.  I eat because I like the taste of food.  I can't help it, it's just how I am.  I'm a true foodie. 

Now - before I go into this, here is your warning that I may piss you off with what I'm about to say....  

There is NO SUCH THING as a "Fat Gene".  I dont buy it, you cannot make me believe that people have a "gene" that causes them to be fat.

Sure.. there are people how are genetically meant to be smaller or bigger, tall or short, blonde or brown...   My build is genetic.   The fat that surrounds my build... not so much.    You cannot convince me that some people are just "meant to be fat".  No way.  

My build will prevent me from being a petite size 2, but it will still allow me to become a healthy weight.  I'll never be stick thin, but I'm not meant to be obese either.  Nobody is ever meant to be morbidly obese.

People are fat because of their lifestyle and their enviornment. 

If you don't work out, yet continue to drive through your favorite fast food restaurant day in and day out, you're going to gain weight.

If you raise your children with sugary sweets, soda, candy, chips, cookies, fast food etc, on a daily or constant basis, your kids will grow up and have a weight problem if they don't already. 

If you raise your children to sit in front of the tv, playing their Wii, Playstation or Xbox while eating those cookies and chips, your children will have weight problems.

I promise you this.

Now - I'm not saying that kids shouldnt play video games or enjoy treats from time to time, but you have to limit it.  You have to teach them moderation, without policing what they put into their mouths.  It's a fine line between making sure your kids eat the right things, and becoming a food nazi which could in turn create an eating disorder.

Anyway - back to me....

Whiile I believe food addiction is definitely real, I also believe that some people, like myself just enjoy food.  We enjoy the "high" the food gives us, and isn't that what addiction is all about.. that euphoric "high" feeling??

The next question is, "Why am I addicted to food?".  

Well hell I dont know why I like food so much.  I just do.  It really IS as simple as that.

I hate when people try to psycho-analyze it.  I really do.   Not everyone was raped, abused, or beaten as a child.   I dont eat my feelings because I wasnt loved enough as a child, or didnt have a daddy, etc.   Now - I'm not saying that those arent valid reasons for obesity, I'm just saying that not every fat person lived a horrible life and this is their only outlet.

I know this is a bit off the norm for my blogs, but I just get so tired of people blaming their obesity on something other than what it really is.    Be honest with yourself...   ask yourself why you're fat, and whatever reason that is,  do what you need to do to fix that for YOURSELF.


OH!! And just in case you wanna read more about this fake "Fat Gene", here ya go!

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Diet/story?id=2802503&page=1

No comments:

Post a Comment