Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Cookie Catastrophe

It gets me EVERY time!!

I did REALLY well yesterday, until my husband came home with cookies.  Not just any cookies... Chewy Chips Ahoy!




My goodness how I heart cookies!! Especially if they're soft!!   I originally anticipated eating pretzel sticks during our "movie night" on the couch, until these showed up.   1 serving pretzels is 110 calories... 1 serving of these cookies (2 cookies) is 120 calories..  No big deal, GREAT!!   Right??    Yeah, of course if you stick to 2.  Or even 4 for that matter.  But, as most of you know me, I mean, REALLY know me...   know that I cant stick to one serving of cookies.  THIS my friends is why I never buy them.  That damn husband on the other hand buys sweets all the damn time.

Im sure you're wondering how many I ate, right?? 

10.   I ate 5 servings of cookies.   Yes friends...600 calories of cookies.  Granted - its less than my favorite Blizzard from Dairy Queen.   It's less than my favorite meal of pizza and hot wings.  It's less than a 6 pack of Bud Light Lime.     SO, when you compare to all those other things that I enjoy, 600 calories of cookies isnt terrible.   

So my NEW totals for yesterday are...

1723 Calories 1073 NET
184 carbs
79 grams of protein.

Not a terrible day, but I liked it better BEFORE the cookie catastrophe!

Oh well...

Today went well..

Breakfast was oatmeal
Lunch was turkey chili and the last of my salad mix
Snack was 28 almonds, and 2 Fig Newton Fruit Thin Crisps  (The chocolate raspberry flavor is EXCELLENT by the way)
I got home and had 2 more cookies while waiting out the storm in the basement.... no worries, only 2 this time.

Once we got the all clear, I left the basement and hit the gym.      Gold's cancelled their classes for tonight due to the severe weather so the gym was EMPTY! And I took advantage of it!    I worked out a little over an hour...  25 minutes on the elliptical, 35 minutes of arms/back/shoulders and 10 minutes on the stair climber for a total of 718 calories burned.

For dinner I had Trader Joes Saucy Scallops. 

This is by far my favorite item from Trader Joes.  

One bag is 3 servings... 1 serving is 150 calories, 8 carbs and 13 grams of protein.   I split the bag into 2 meals.  Looks like I have lunch tomorrow.


Totals for today....
1605 calories 887 NET
160 carbs
62 grams of protien

No comments:

Post a Comment