Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fantastic Wine and too much Chocolate

My friends know me all too well!!   So today was Administrative Professionals Day... bascially a fancy schmancy way to say "Happy Secretaries Day".   Well, and would'nt ya know, I'm an "Administrative Assistant".   My day started out with one of these lovely treats...


If you havent had one, and you like 3 Musketeers, I suggest you try the Truffle Crisp.  It's packaged like at Twix, and for 170 calories, it's a great chocolatey treat.



I ate this after my breakfast which was 2 slices of peanut butter toast.  

One of my co-worker's made me lunch today.  Tater Tot Casserole. Yes, it's probably what you're thinking.   Meat, cheese and tots... how the hell can you go wrong??   It was quite tasty!  After lunch, we went straight into this...



Chocolate chip cookie cake with chocolate icing...   I'm surprised I'm not in a chocolate induced coma right about now.

I had about 1/12 of the cake.  And decided to bring the rest home.

I skipped the gym tonight and dinner was Pasta House with the hubbs and our daughter.  I had 1 piece of manicotti, and 3 raviolis.   I came home and had a glass of Pinot Noir that another co-worker  gave me today.  It's damn good wine.  And what goes well with wine??  More chocolate of course.   So I had another piece.  

I stopped logging my food after the cookie cake this afternoon, so I'm not sure where I am today.  I'm usually very anal about the "number" of calories that I'm eating, but once in awhile, I just don't care all that much, and it's not worth stressing over all the time. For me, today is one of those times.   I had a very good day, and indulged a little too much.   More than my "moderation" mentality, but it is what it is.  I know that I ate too much today (calorie wise) and tomorrow will be filled with much better decisions, AND an extended gym session. 

 I'm going to finish this glass of vino and go to bed.   Tomorrow's a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment