Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cereal is the DEVIL!

True Story!!!

Sorry about not writing yesterday.  We had some major storms headed our way and I ended up skipping the gym and coming straight home after work.   When you look in the rear view mirror, and the sky behind you is black, its time to head home.  By the time we came out of the basement (tornado sirens) and I got around to typing a new entry, the internet was cutting in and out and I said to hell with it.  Anyway...

There are just some foods that I cannot be around because I eat too much of it.  Cereal my friends, is one of them.  Whenever I skip the gym, I end up snacking way too much.   Last night my salad just didnt appeal to me, and I ended up eating a bowl of Golden Grahams.  And then another.  And then a pack of fruit snacks. And then another.  About 3 hours later, I got "snacky" again and had 2 Pillsbury Toaster Strudels.   I ended the night at 2404 calories, and over 300 carbs. That is definitely NOT the way to lose weight people!   That just goes to show you that it doesn't matter that I have this AMAZING tool implanted into my body, I can still eat around it and sabotage myself.

However - today was a new day.  I stuck to my meal plan, and made it to the gym to after work to run 2.75 miles and work on my arms/back/shoulders. Now I"m enjoying dinner which is my version of the chicken cobb salad that I was supposed to have last night. 

Breakfast was a sausage patty
Lunch was my last tostada, followed by a 100 calorie pack of dried cranberries
Afternoon snack was a Fit and Active String cheese and 1 turkey stick
Dinner is the chicken cobb salad.




Biggest waste of 100 calories EVER!   They were good, sure...  but not worth 100 calories.  I would've rather had a damn Reese's Peanut Butter Cup or something.  That would've been at least worth it.
Turkey sausage snack sticks.   Very similar to a Slim Jim.  They also come in beef.  The turkey version pictured here is only 45 calories per stick, less than 1 carb and 6 grams of protein.. The beef were 65 calories, same carbs and same protein.
So after sticking to my plan today, and burning 804 calories at the gym, I'm ending my day at...
1550 Calories - NET 746
Carbs - 82
Protein - 85

Until next time...

1 comment: