I dont know where you're from, but here in St. Louis fall has arrived in full force. (except for today, which is 75 degrees) LOL... anyway - I love soup all year round, but now that it's getting cooler, I eat it more often. The downfalls of soup... sodium!!!!! Ohh man, the sodium is killer in canned and processed soups. So - I've started making my own.
I made this soup last week for my work lunches and it's excellent!!
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
I made a few changes.
- Left out the celery. yuk. I hate celery.
- used 6 cups low sodium College Inn chicken broth instead of 4 cups.
- used 2 cups of half and half, instead of 3 cups heavy cream
- used 1/2 cup I Cant Believe It's Not Butter Light, instead of regular butter
- used 1/2 cup flour instead of 3/4.
My friend Carolyn sent me this recipe, and I cant wait to try it.
Buffalo Chicken Chili
Chili and buffalo chicken, mixed together!!??? Yep!! Count me in. The plan is to make this next weekend, for lunches.
I'm also dying to try this one!! Butternut squash has become my new obsession!!
Butternut Squash Soup
If you have any good soup recipes, or other fall/wintery soups or stews, I'd love to try them, so please share!